And here’s why your help is so critical. The work we are doing at Fairchild is unlike any other in any botanic garden. Our outreach programs in science education are on the cutting-edge of innovation and engage more school-age students than any other program in the country—and reinforce that Fairchild is future of plants—which is why we need your help:
• To reach young minds in our community through education in the classroom, in the lab, and outdoors in our living laboratory.
• To support The Fairchild Challenge, a program welcoming thousands of students per year from pre-K to grad school to experience nature, science, and botany here in the Garden and at local schools—a remedy to “nature deficit!”
• To support our unprecedented Mobile STEMLab bus—the only fully mobile, fully equipped botany lab currently inspiring Miami-Dade middle-school students to see they too can become scientists and determine the future by literally growing and restoring native orchids.
• To reinforce Fairchild’s Partnership with BioTECH @ Richmond Heights High School—offering the only botany magnet program for high schoolers in the country, where students are guided by our world-class scientists to conduct real research to grow rare, native Florida orchids for The Million Orchid Project’s native plant restoration. This experience is often the students' first hands-on exposure to the STEM fields.
• To continue connecting students with NASA research as part of the Growing Beyond Earth partnership to determine what plants to grow in space. With the help of middle and high school students and teachers, Fairchild and NASA aim to identify edible plants that might be suitable for growth aboard NASA’s International Space Station (ISS) and for growing on future long-term space missions.
We need places like Fairchild, not only as a peaceful oasis, but also a place for community to gather and celebrate gardens and love of plants at fun, family-friendly events like the Orchid, Mango, and Chocolate Festivals, plants sales, education events, music concerts and art exhibitions.
The future of plants is our future!
Here's How to Give
Now! If you'd like to give in advance of Give Miami Day, we are grateful to accept your pledge now and apply it to the Give Miami Day total on November 16.
Online on Give Miami Day! You can give on Give Miami Day by visiting www.fairchildgarden.org.
In Person Now or on Give Miami Day! Should you prefer to bring your gift in person, please come to the Shop at Fairchild and any of our staff will happily assist you. We’ll also be having a Giving BBQ Lunch on Give Miami Day to help celebrate our generous supporters.
Stay informed by texting "Fairchild" to 51555.
Learn more about Give Miami Day:
See an overview of Fairchild and what your gift supports:
See a short history of the Garden and our story of exploration, conservation and science: