Fairchild’s Ramble Festival Celebrates Tropical Living
in South Florida for Three Days This Year!
Coral Gables, FL, October 28, 2009--Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden will host the always anticipated Ramble-A Garden Festival, now a three day event, on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, November 20, 21 and 22 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This year Fairchild celebrates Ramble’s 69th anniversary. A blend of old traditions and new introductions, the Ramble offers visitors over twelve acres of plants, garden accessories, antiques, food, music and activities for adults and children alike.
Here is a list of what’s being offered at this year’s Ramble:
- Plants—With more than 15,000 plants for sale, it is the largest sale of the year in South Florida
- Nell’s Tea Garden—Making old traditions new—complete with tea service, umbrella tables and ladies in lovely hats serving teas of many flavors
- Slow Food Demonstrations--Visit the Greenmarket Area sponsored by Slow Food Miami where well-known South Florida chefs will demonstrate their culinary skills with fresh, organic food
- Antique and Collectibles—Fabulous finds for anyone interested in acquiring items of quality, age, beauty and distinction including a lovely owl collection
- Garden & Artist’s Marketplace—Offering a large selection of garden-related items and original paintings, watercolors, photographs, sculptures and ceramics
- Old & Rare Books—Thousands of books covering a wide range of subjects at great prices with an incredible selection of botanical and art books
- Kid Way—Face painting, interactive music shows, musical performances, carnival games, butterfly face painting and more for children
- Farmer’s Greenmarket—Buy fresh herb plants for the season at the Herb booth, stock up on organic produce, fresh baked goods, mango salsa, honey, homemade soaps and more
- Garden of Chocolate—The world of chocolate from cacao plants to homemade chocolates
- Fabulous Food—Choose from gourmet pizza, crepes, conch fritters, mango passion fruit ice cream, hot dogs, corn on the cob and more
- Live music—Enjoy the unique sights and sounds of the Dutch Waterpoorter Street Organ, steel kettle drums and more
- Veranda Restaurant—Full sit-down menu located in the Jean duPont Shehan Visitor Center Ballroom
The Ramble Festival is in its 69th year and continues to be fall’s most anticipated event in South Florida. Ramble will take place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday November 20, 21 and 22 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, 10901 Old Cutler Road, Coral Gables, 33156. Admission is $20 for adults, $15 for seniors, $10 for children 6-17 and free to children 5 and under and Fairchild members. For more information, please visit www.fairchildgarden.org
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden is dedicated to exploring, explaining and conserving the world of tropical plants. It is one of the premier conservation and education-based gardens in the world and a recognized international leader in both Florida and international conservation. Currently Fairchild has field programs in over 20 countries including support to protected areas in Madagascar and Africa and botanic garden development and renovation projects in South and Central America, the Caribbean and Middle East. Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden houses palm and cycad collections that are nationally recognized by the American Public Gardens Association (APGA), has the world’s greatest living collection of palms and cycads; an education program reaching more than 52,000 school children per year; hosts popular events like the International Chocolate Festival, International Mango Festival and International Orchid Festival, the Ramble, concerts, affiliated plant society shows and sales and more; and, is a not-for-profit organization relying on the support of its 45,000 members and benefactors. Fairchild hosts major art events such as Mark di Suvero, Fernando Botero, Dale Chihuly and Kris Martin at Fairchild this year, Botero, Lichtenstein and Chihuly at Fairchild in 2008 and Chihuly at Fairchild in 2005 and 2006. Fairchild is located at 10901 Old Cutler Road, Coral Gables (Miami), Florida 33156, just a thirty minute drive from South Beach. Admission is $20 for adults, $15 for seniors, $10 for children 6-17 and free to children 5 and under and Fairchild members. For more information, please visit us at www.fairchildgarden.org and on Facebook and Twitter.